by Rii Abrego
Registering to Vote in Alabama:
Last day to register to vote: Monday, October 22nd
How to Register:
- REGISTER ONLINE or UPDATE your registration here (if you have a valid Alabama driver's license or ID card)
- If you don't have an AL driver's license or ID card: Fill out & mail in this PDF - must be received by the deadline.
- Not sure if you're registered? Check here.
Voting in Alabama:
When & Where to Vote:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 6th
- You need to vote at the polling place where you're registered: Find it here.
- Polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day. If you are in line by 7pm, you are allowed to vote.
- You should MAKE A PLAN for WHAT TIME you're going to vote and HOW you're going to GET THERE.
What You Need to Bring:
Any of these photo IDs (must be current & valid):
- Alabama driver’s license or Alabama non-driver ID card
- Alabama voter photo ID card
- A state ID from another state (reminder: must be current & valid)
- U.S. passport
- Employee photo ID card issued by state, federal, or municipal government
- Student or employee photo ID card from a college or university in Alabama
- U.S. military photo ID card
- Tribal photo ID card
Other Important Info:
- You can bring your cell phone in to vote, but you can't film or take pictures with it
- You can wear campaign buttons or T-shirts to vote if you want
- You can bring sample ballots into your polling place, but cannot leave them there
- You can request help with your ballot if you want
- You can register and vote where you live, even if you're an out-of-state student or were previously registered somewhere else (so long as you don't vote in two places at once.
- Many people with felony convictions can register & vote! Some cannot, see the disqualifying felonies here.