by Frances Luckey
Registering to Vote in Kentucky:
Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, October 9th
How to Register:
- Not sure if you’re registered? Check here.
Voting in Kentucky:
You’ve got options!
Voting on Election Day:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 6th
- Find your polling place here.
- Polling places are open from 6am to 6pm on Election Day. If you are in line by 6pm, you are allowed to vote.
- You should MAKE A PLAN for WHAT TIME you’re going to vote and HOW you’re going to GET THERE.
What You Need to Bring:
You will need to bring one of these forms of ID:
- Driver’s License or state ID card
- US Passport, or other ID from the federal government
- Credit card
- Social Security card
- Another form if ID containing your picture & signature
*If you do not have an ID, but a poll working in your local polling place knows you, you can also vote.
Other Important Info:
- If you are unable to get to your polling place on Election Day for a variety of reasons, you can apply for a mail ballot from your county election office or vote early in-person. Find out more here.
- You can register and vote where you live, even if you’re an out-of-state student or were previously registered somewhere else (so long as you don’t vote in two places at once.
- You may not bring any campaign materials into the polling place, including buttons & t-shirts.