by Joamette Gil
Registering to Vote in Oregon:
Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, October 16th
How to Register:
- Not sure if you’re registered? Check here.
Voting in Oregon:
Returning Your Mail Ballot
Every Oregonian registered by October 16th will receive a ballot in the mail.
Mail ballots need to be received by 8pm on Tuesday, November 6th. You can:
- Drop it off at any drop-box near you
- Mail it back in (so long as it is received by 8pm on Election Day.
- Make sure you follow the instructions on your ballot, including signing it.
- If you don’t get a ballot in the mail by late October, but you are registered to vote (even if not at your current address), go to your county election office to get a ballot and vote.
Other Important Info:
- If you lose or ballot or make a mistake on it, you can request a new ballot from your your county election office.
- You can register and vote where you live, even if you’re an out-of-state student or were previously registered somewhere else (so long as you don’t vote in two places at once.
- People with felony convictions can register & vote. If you are not currently in prison, you can vote , even if you’re still on parole or probation.
Check out these great community organizations helping people vote in Oregon (list courtesy of the Movement Voter Project).
- United Oregon
- PCUN (Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste)
- Oregon Student Association
- ColorPAC Action Fund
- Family Forward Oregon
- Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon (APANO)
- Causa of Oregon
- Oregon Working Families
- Oregon Bus Project