by Jasmine Walls
Registering to Vote in South Carolina:
Last day to register to vote:
- Online by, Sunday October 7th
- In-person by Friday, October 5th
- Postmarked by Tuesday, October 9th)
How to Register:
- Not sure if you’re registered? Check here
Voting in South Carolina:
Voting on Election Day:
Where & When:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 6th
- Find your polling place here.
- Polling places are open from 7am to 7pm on Election Day. If you are in line by 7pm, you are allowed to vote.
- You should MAKE A PLAN for WHAT TIME you’re going to vote and HOW you’re going to GET THERE.
What You Need to Bring:
You will need to show one of these photo IDs to vote:
- South Carolina driver’s license or photo ID from the DMV
- US passport
- US military ID with a photo
- South Carolina voter registration card with a photo
Other Important Info:
- If you expect to be unable to get to your polling place on Election Day for a variety of reasons, you can apply for a mail ballot. Find out more here.
- You may be able to wear campaign buttons & t-shirts, but it might be best not to.
- You can register and vote where you live, even if you’re an out-of-state student or were previously registered somewhere else (so long as you don’t vote in two places at once.
- Many people with felony convictions can register & vote! If you have served your sentence, parole, and probation for your conviction, you can vote. Find out more here.